- Lutheran Family Services Care Packages: (https://www.lfsneb.org/) Case managers from around the state (and now some partnering organizations) are sending LFS "intake forms" that essentially identify a family in need and list all of the items that they need. These are families who have been negatively impacted by Covid-19 (lost jobs, are elderly and can’t leave the house, emergency foster care families, refugees, etc). LFS is seeking volunteers to sign up (literally just email Lacey Studnicka with LFS at email@example.com and say you want to help) and purchase and deliver the items to the families homes. LFS asks that there be no interaction to comply with social distancing. They want you to leave the groceries on the doorstep. The requests from the families are so humble! Folks are not asking for a lot. LFS has served 400 people so far and they have about another 50 families waiting! If you don't want to shop and drop off, LFS also has a link where you can donate to the care packages and then LFS purchases and delivers. That link is here:
This is a great way to give back individually or encourage your company or family members to contribute.
- Women’s Center For Advancement (WCA) Needs: (https://wcaomaha.org/) The WCA is actively trying to obtain items for their clients who are victims of abuse. During this Covid-19 pandemic, calls to the WCA and police have decreased tremendously. Sadly, this is not due to the violence stopping, it is due to these women and children being stuck at home and trapped with their abuser. They can’t get away to call for help. Some of the items that are needed are listed below and attached.
- Personal Hygiene Items (such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, razors, deodorant, feminine hygiene items, etc)
- Underwear & Bras (must be new)
- Cell Phones
- Diapers, pull-ups
- Car Seats & Booster Seats (new or used) They are DESPERATE for these.
They typically are always looking for women’s business attire clothing, but unfortunately, they cannot accept clothing at this time.
If you would like to donate any of these items, you can have them shipped directly to the below address or you are welcome to drop your donations off to me at my office.
Shipping Location: Drop Off Location
Matt Hoppe Lockwood Development
Development Director for WCA 12910 Pierce Street, Suite 110
2248 S. 186th
Street Omaha, NE 68144
Omaha, NE 68130 Call or email Emily before you deliver at 402-933-3663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can drop off your donations to the following locations
- Heartland Hope Mission Pantry: (https://heartlandhopemission.org/) They are in desperate need of food and personal hygiene items. Their focus is on helping the working poor get back on their feet by providing basic necessities and services to them. Below are the items on their Greatest Needs list:
- Canned Soup, Vegetables, Fruit, Meat
- Mac & Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Diapers (all sizes, but biggest need is sizes 4-6)
- Full Sized Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash
- Toilet Paper
Heartland Hope Mission South Omaha:
2021 U Street
Omaha, NE 68107
Prime drop off time:
Fridays 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Or during normal pantry hours:
Tuesdays 6:30 pm-7:30 pm
Thursdays 1:30 pm-4 pm
Saturdays 9:30 am-1 pm
Fellow CREW Member’s Home: Nickie Napierala with E&A
6320 S. 170th
Omaha, NE 68135
Heartland Hope Mission Millard:
5321 S. 139th
Omaha, NE 68137
Drop off time:
2nd Saturday of the month 10:30 am-11:30 am
Last Wednesday of the month 1:30 pm-3:30 pm
12910 Pierce Street, Suite 110
Omaha, NE 68144
Please call or email Emily O’Connor ahead of dropping off so we can make sure the door is unlocked.
402-933-3663 or email@example.com
- Sienna Francis House Needs: (https://sienafrancis.org/) Covid-19 has affected EVERYONE including the people taking refuge at the homeless shelters. Below is a link to an Amazon Wish List of items the Sienna Francis House greatly needs. You can order the item from the Amazon Wish List and the item will be shipped directly to Sienna Francis House. Easy Peasy! 😊